Cleo gets a Catio

Cleo loves to sit outside on the and watch the birds/trees/cars/humans... who knows what she's looking at really? But after a very close call when we realized the scary way that she's big enough to jump up to the edge of the balcony, I was hesitant to let her out without very close supervision. So in a burst of DIY inspiration I decided to build Cleo a safe place for her to sit outside on her own. 

I decided to build the catio (the internet's word for cat-patio) using our picnic table and the window of our bedroom. I took measurements of the table and vertical space that I hoped to enclose and with geometry that would make my mom proud, I calculated the square meterage of fencing that I would need for the enclosure (in the end I was a little short, because I planned poorly while cutting the pieces, so maybe my mom wouldn't be so proud after all). I bought the wire fencing at my local hardware store and went to work.




I tried putting a pile of scrap fabric on the table to make things more comfortable but apparently they don't belong there...



I tied my wire structure down to the slats on the table and anchored the sides in the window frame. Looks aside, this whole project turned out pretty well.

Comments

Popular Posts