I Cooked Some Tofu

I finally made something with tofu that tastes good!




I'm trying to eat less meat so I bought a half-kilo block of tofu at the store with no real plan besides "cook it somehow". So since Tair is off gallivanting around Berlin, I decided to try to experiment with it.

So if you want to try it yourself here's my not-so-very-precise method:

Cut the tofu into portions about the size of a finger. I threw them in a bowl with a tablespoon of miso, a quarter of a large onion, sliced into strips, and a red bell pepper also cut into strips. I added about a quarter cup of rice milk, a tablespoon of rice vinegar, a quick pour of soy sauce and a dash of powdered ginger.

I flipped everything around to totally coat all of the ingredients then put it in the fridge for about an hour to marinate/give me a time to read and finish my coffee.

After the reading marinating, I covered a 9 in baking dish with oven paper, dumped everything in and cooked it at 180C for about 20min. After the vegetables started looking soft I transferred the whole sheet of cooking paper onto a cookie tray, cranked up the heat to about 220 and cooked it for another 10 minutes, flipping everything once. Remove the tray once the tofu looks toasted on both sides.


Add some brown rice and chick peas for extra protein and my lunch isn't looking half bad!


Comments

Popular Posts