8 Ways Our Cats Have Trained Us


I read a quote from Terry Pratchett a while ago, “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” I think that this must be one of the most on-point thing I've ever read about our fur babies.


1. We spend a lot of time as 'pillow'


Arm is going numb...things to do... stomach rumbling... bladder exploding...I guess it'll just have to wait.



2. We spend more time thinking about their diet than our own

This cat food is $5/ per can... but it has 2% more protein than the cheaper one. Cleo prefers food with fish but wait, she doesn't like the ones with chunks...

Meanwhile my dinner consists of cup noodles and Bamba.

3. We don't bat an eye at ridiculous demands.

Usually Cleo won't eat her wet food unless I feed her at least half by hand. She sniffs the dish and stares at me until I pick some up and put it to her face. Then it's magically okay to eat.

4. Privacy is a thing of the past.

Of course you can watch me poop...oh and by all means jump up on my lap while you're here.



5. We no longer need alarm clocks

"It's 5:30 am so I'll just bite your toes until you're ready to get up and feed me"

6. We're well aware of our inferior status

The couch, not ours; apartment, not ours; laptops, not ours. Everything you thought you owned actually belongs to 'Cat'



7. We submit to their judgement

The "ugh, humans..." look is pretty much a daily occurrence








8. No matter how well trained we are, they still hate to be seen with us...


Comments

Popular Posts